What is SAVOTTA?
SAVOTTA is a non-political service and support organisation for all students of Savonia University of Applied Sciences (Savonia UAS). SAVOTTA is an autonomic public corporation. It is founded by the law of the Universities of Applied Sciences. According to the law, the Student Union is part of the University of Applied Sciences and its mission is to act on behalf of the students and as their representative.
SAVOTTA’s highest decision making body is the council of representatives consisting of 12 members who are elected every year. The representatives elect the members of the Student Union’s executive board. All the meetings of the representative council are open to all members.
What SAVOTTA does?
Student Union SAVOTTA…
- Acquires a student card for all degree students
- Supervises the rights of the students
- Offers a remarkable amount of local, regional and national benefits to its members
- Organises events
- Coordinates tutoring
- Offers sports services in cooperation with the SYKETTÄ sport services
- Works in close co-operation with the administration of Savonia UAS
- Nominates student representatives to board of Savonia and other cooperation groups
- Is here for you making your studies easier, cheaper and funnier! 🙂
Who can join SAVOTTA?
Each and every student of Savonia can join to the student union. As a member of student union, you get a national student ID-card which entitles you to a number of discounts.
Facts about SAVOTTA
- The full name is the Student Union of Savonia University of Applied Sciences
- A legal part of Savonia as regulated by the finnish legistlation of universities of applied sciences
- About 85% of students in Savonia are members of the Student Union (at academic year 2017-2018)
- member of University of Applied Sciences Students in Finland – SAMOK
- member of Opiskelijan Itä-Suomi ry
- 12 representative board members
- 8 board members
- 7-25 employees during academic year