How to get the mobile student card?
All members of the Student Union SAVOTTA can get the SLICE and/or PIVO mobile student card. The download will work if you are a degree student at Savonia, you have granted the data transfer permission to SAVOTTA and you are a member of SAVOTTA. If you have not paid the student union membership fee and would like to use PIVO mobile student card, read the instructions below.
What is SLICE mobile student card?
As a member of the student union, you have the opportunity to download the Slice mobile student card to your phone. The mobile student card functions in the same way as a plastic student card. By showing the card, you can access benefits from VR and Matkahuolto (transportation services) for students, as well as KELA’s meal subsidy. Additionally, you can find thousands of local and national student discounts through the app!
What is PIVO mobile student card?
As a member of the student union, you have the opportunity to download the PIVO mobile student card to your phone. Pivo is a mobile payment service application provided by Finnish bank called Osuuspankki. Mobile student card can be activated to this app only, if you have Finnish bank account and bank card.
The mobile student card functions in the same way as a plastic student card. By showing the card, you can access benefits from VR and Matkahuolto for students, as well as KELA’s meal subsidy, and all other student discounts!
Activating the mobile student card:
I AM A MEMBER OF THE STUDENT UNION
Activating the SLICE mobile student card:
- If you don´t yet have the plastic student card or you have not been in a photo shoot at campus send your picture to student union (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the SLICE app.
- Ask for activation of the mobile student card here. At the same time you approve your information to be sent to SLICE (more info on Privacy Statement).
- Wait for the email about SLICE app username and password. It might take few hours, be patient 🙂
- Download SLICE from app store and activate the mobile student card with your SLICE credentials.
Activating the PIVO mobile student card:
- With your phone (Android/iOS), go to the following address https://lataa.pivo.fi/CbxB/savotta and activate it with your web bank ID (only Finnish banks are accepted).
- Open the student card option from the PIVO main menu.
- Create a mobile student card following the instructions in the app. Be prepared to take a picture of yourself against a white background on your phone.
- Now you have a mobile student card!
- By showing your student card you will be granted VR and Matkahuolto student discounts as well as the KELA student meals. As well as all other student discounts.
I AM NOT A MEMBER OF THE STUDENT UNION
- Be sure that you have granted the data transfer permission SAVOTTA. Check detailed instruction from here: Step 1. Give the data transfer permission
- If you gave the rights to SAVOTTA to withdraw the information at this point, wait two hours before buying the student Union membership.
- Go to the student union webshop to buy the membership.
- When you have paid the membership, send a message to us about activation of the mobile student card using the following link: activation of the mobile student card. At the same time you approve your information to be sent to SLICE (more info on Privacy Statement).
- You will receive an email to your school email once it is possible for you to download the mobile student card.
- Download the student card using the instructions above.