Student card for everyone
When you start your studies as a degree student at Savonia University of Applied sciences you will get a free student card. There will be photoshoot for the student card at the beginning of your studies.
Who can join?
Every degree student at the Savonia University of Applied Sciences can join as a member of the Student Union.
What am I getting?
- The official student ID and student discounts accross Finland
- Discounts from cafeSAVOTTA
- Sport services in cooperation with SYKETTÄ services
- SAVOTTA events and products like student calendar
- Freetime activities and clubs like student hang outs and language cafe´s
- Services at campuses
How to join as a member?
You can join the student union by paying the membership fee. You need your Savonia student email and user name to join the student union. The email and user name are given you on the first days when you start your studies at Savonia.
Step 1. Give the data transfer authorization
Before you pay the student union membership fee, please check from the Savonia Wilma that you have given the authorization to the transfer of your information from Savonia to the student union. (wilma.savonia.fi -> forms -> Savonia: Updating your personal information and study related decisions -> Student Union SAVOTTA). Your information will be updated about in an hour to the student union.
Step 2. Pay the membership fee
Select the type of membership and the time for which you want to pay the membership fee for.
There are three ways to complete the membership payment
- In SAVOTTA online store
Accepted online payment methods: Mobile Pay, Visa, MasterCard or American Express cards or with Finnish online banking credentials.
You can pay your membership fee and order the student card at the same time. Student card can also be ordered after the student card photo shoots. Then the card is ordered by student union and you will get confirmation when the card is ready to be collected.
- By visiting our service points either in Microkatu or Opistotie. Membership can be paid with cards or cash only in these service points.
- or at campuses when SAVOTTA is on the road at the beginning of academic year.
- 20,00 euros /semester (autumn / spring)
- 27,00 euros / academic year
- 70,00 euros for 3,5 year studies (210 credits) payed at the beginning of studies
- 80,00 euros for 4 year studies (240 credits) payed at the beginning of studies
- 90,00 euros for 4,5 year studies (270 credits) payed at the beginning of studies
Step 3. Collect your student card and get it validated
You will get informed when your student card can be collected. Get it from the service point mentioned at the email. Your membership is activated when you get your student card validated with the term sticker. Validations can be made at all service points (see campus service points).
Step 4. Enyou your studies with us 🙂
Remember that we are here for you making your studies easier, funnier and cheaper.